Lidgett Park Methodist Church Website Policy
Primary Purposes | Editorial Policy
The website serves Lidgett Park Methodist Church in the Leeds North and East Circuit (27/02) of the Leeds District of the Methodist Church in Great Britain.
The church is recognised by the Charities Commission as a registered charity, number 1129423.
Please send corrections, reports of technical faults, minor additions, links
to Methodist sites, photos, calendar information, news items and accompanying pictures to
John Summerwill, the
webmaster who designed the site: (tel: 0113 269 7895).
- To publicise the work and faith of the church in order to encourage, inspire, educate and evangelise.
- To inform enquirers about the Methodist Church in this part of Leeds,
about Methodism and
- To assist communication within the church and circuit, with ecumenical partners,
with people from
other circuits, with journalists, etc, by providing contact details for key
persons in each area
of church life.
- To stimulate the development of the work of the church by publicising
details of planned
events, courses, projects, quiet days, special services, etc..
- To assist enquirers by
providing basic information
about the church, including its address, principal service times, minister
and map location.
- To provide a gateway to other relevant sources of information and the
wider interests of the
Addresses will not be included for individuals unless they specifically
The non-personal email addresses of organisations that meet on church premises will be included without seeking approval. The names, phone numbers and email addresses of key contact persons will be included
subject to their approval.
To safeguard email
addresses from spammers, the addresses are encrypted so that a spambot harvester cannot read them. They appear to be normal, but if you view the source code you will see that they are unreadable there.
The permission of those photographed should be obtained if they are named on the website. Normally this can be
done by telling
people at the time a picture is taken that it will be used on the website.
In the case of photographs of children, parental approval will be needed for
their inclusion, and
children will not be identified by name.
As far as possible, pages are designed to meet Web Accessibility
Initiative (WAI) standards,
which are designed to take account of the needs of people with various sorts
of visual impairments
and those who depend on audio systems. The standards are highly exacting and
there is some conflict of interest in that techniques that may benefit some
users may disadvantage others, particularly people using older equipment and
software. Some compromises are therefore necessary.
The website will be suitable for the vast majority of users as it has:
- scaleable rather than fixed-size text,
- high contrast between text and backgrounds,
- links indicated by a different font as well as by colour, and highlighted by underlining as
well as by colour change
- text alternatives for images
- compatability with all main browsers from 4th generation upwards (IE,
For further information about this website email the Webmaster: John Summerwill
© copyright Lidgett Park Methodist Church 2021